VOLUMA™ XC in San Francisco
Performed by The Maas Clinic
VOLUMA Video Gallery
As people age, the cheek area loses volume, making the cheeks flatten out and the skin droop and sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC was recently approved by the FDA and the first and only filler approved to temporarily correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area in adults age 21 and over. It instantly provides smooth, natural-looking results that last up to two years with optimal correction.
With the FDA approval of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, physicians and patients in the U.S. now have a new treatment option that can help create a natural-looking, more youthful appearance in the cheek area.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why and how the face loses volume as people age. I can also speak about how JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is an effective non-surgical treatment option for age-related volume loss in the cheek area.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™XC?
Do not use the product if you have severe allergies with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in women who are breastfeeding, or in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area has not been studied
- The safety for use in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established
- The safety for use in patients with a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The long-term safety of repeat treatments has not been established
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners; as with any injection, this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
Side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-877-345-5372.